LEGO has announced that it will be doing away with the current direct LEGO VIP membership program and replacing it with a new dynamic membership program named LEGO INSIDERS starting 21st August 2023
Of course, this applies to regions currently served by the LEGO VIP program and regions served by authorized distributors and LCS(LEGO Certified Stores) have their own membership programs which will likely remain unchanged.
Among the main changes :
1) Instead of only accruing points in LEGO Branded Retail Shops and LEGO.com, additional points accrual portals have been added including scanning past LEGO sets with the unique QR code in the building instructions. Points can be accrued with purchases of LEGO in Target in the USA as well.
2) Use one login credential to all LEGO sites including LEGO VIP, checkout, LEGO Life magazine, LEGO apps and LEGO Ideas
3) Connect with other members
All current valid VIP points will be transferred over to the new Insiders Program.
Registering of sets can be done (from the 21st August) by scanning the unique QR code in the building instructions. One set can only be registered by one account once. This excludes LEGO City Mission sets and any sets/products that do not have building instructions or a unique QR code in the building instructions.
LEGO Insiders is available for fans aged 18 and over. Verified children’s accounts will remain as LEGO accounts.
Here’s the press release
LEGO Insiders : Where Play is Rewarding
- LEGO® VIP is now LEGO® Insiders – connecting all LEGO accounts in one place
- Earn LEGO Insiders points when purchasing and playing
- Register your existing and new LEGO sets
- Redeem your points on discounts, member-only merchandise, cool collectables and more
- Plus, early access to new sets and events
- Connect with other fans through the LEGO Insiders Community
14th August 2023: Today, the LEGO Group announce LEGO® Insiders, a loyalty program where members can discover a wealth of exciting experiences and exclusive rewards, including offers and gifts. Launching on the 21st August, LEGO Insiders will replace the previous LEGO VIP membership program, but also brings all LEGO accounts (for over 18s) into one place. Making it easier to manage your account, earn and spend points, access special offers and be part of the LEGO Insiders community.
LEGO Insiders features all the great benefits VIP members have come to love, but with some great new perks:
||· All LEGO logins, for members over 18 years old, are now in the same place.
· This includes previous separate memberships/logins for LEGO VIP, checkout, LEGO Life magazine, LEGO apps and LEGO Ideas.
· All LEGO VIP members will automatically transfer over to LEGO Insiders, including all valid VIP points.
||· LEGO Insiders can earn points by participating in activities, purchasing sets on LEGO.com, in participating LEGO Stores, and in Target in the USA.
· Members can now also earn points by registering previously purchased sets via the unique QR code on the building instructions and cataloguing them on their account.
||· Points can be spent in the LEGO Insiders Reward Center for discounts on sets, member-only merchandise, sweepstakes entries (in select countries) for cool collectibles, and more.
||· Early access to sets, exclusive content, digital family fun, play ideas and activities.
· Member only gifts when purchasing certain sets.
· Access to LEGO Ideas, LEGO Life magazine, plus early details of exclusive in-store events.
||· Members can share their fandom and be inspired by others. This includes:
o LEGO Ideas – share designs, vote on other fans’ designs and perhaps even see their creation become a real LEGO set.
o LEGO Insiders Community – a place where fans can unwind, share inspiring builds, learn more about LEGO sets and designers, and connect with other LEGO fans.
o Commenting on articles and leaving reviews on LEGO.com.
o Family activities – via the family area on LEGO.com.
o In-store Events – meet other fans and members.