VIDIYO, a new collaboration between THE LEGO GROUP and UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP has finally been unveiled to the public.
Releasing on March 1st 2021, this platform is aimed at children aged 7-10 and will be released as an app with a moderated kid safe environment
Here’s how it seems to work
1) Choose a song from Universal Music Group’s large collection of artists and music.
2) Create your band from vibrant minifigures which can be further customized in the app
3) Line up special effects for your videos via Brickbits (specially printed 2×2 LEGO tiles)
4) Set the stage by choosing the background using your smartphone camera
5) Press your Brickbits at the time that you want to produce the special effects for your 60 second video (can be trimmed to a shorter video if you so wish)
6) Finally, you can choose to upload your creation to the APP Feed which will be moderated before being approved OR you can show it off to your friends and family!
We can’t wait to try it out to find out the exact mechanism (Ahem, we mean our children can’t wait to try it out)
Those 2×2 printed Brickbits and the promise of new minifigures are quite enticing to us adults too.